Lead Generation is the demand of every big and small business nowadays. If you’re new to marketing, lead generation is the art of creating and capturing interest in your product or service. This is done in a variety of ways that are constantly evolving with new digital and social technologies. There are some incredible lead generation experts that can help you get new leads, but you can also drive leads yourself.
For example, rather than inconveniencing consumers with hard-sell tactics, many small businesses are letting carefully placed ads, images and material capture their interest. Some of my personal favorite ways to generate leads like this are with Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, and thoughtful email campaigns.
Best 6 Lead Generation Ideas for Small Business
Small business lead generation begins by creating a presence in the path of would-be leads and giving them a reason to visit your website. Here’s a robust list of ideas to help you accomplish this.
1. Do basic local SEO
Local SEO refers to the process of ‘optimizing’ your online presence to attract more business from relevant local searches. These searches take place on Google and other search engines.
Local SEO is essential to smaller businesses that operate on a regional, as opposed to a national, level. While national SEO focuses more on ranking in searches across the country, local SEO prioritizes appearing on SERPs in a specific location. This strategy relies on marketing your brand, products, and services to local leads and customers.
2. Publish blogs in your niche
Starting a blog is a really fun process. Buying domains, setting up the website, customizing the design and writing your first article is certainly an exciting experience. But, most people give up blogging after a couple of months because they often lose interest in it. So, it’s important that you pick a topic for your blog that you also like to learn and talk about.
3. Guest post on relevant Websites
There’s a big difference between knowing guest posting is a good idea and being able to implement guest blogging as part of your digital strategy.
Maybe you have a mental list of “reach” sites you’d love to guest blog for, but you don’t know how to make it happen. Or maybe you’re just not sure which sites are worth your time.
It’s not a no-brainer getting published on these sites by any means. It takes a lot of work and determination. But if you are producing great work and approaching the right sites with it, you should have a great chance.
4. Run Paid and Social Media Ads
- Facebook advertising is easy, often effective and offers a very low cost for entry. You can get started for $5 per day.
- Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube all offer online advertising programs you can experiment with to generate leads.
- Explore the many advertising options offered by Google Ads.
- Refine your tactics to reduce pay-per-click costs and improve ROI.
- Consider Microsoft advertising, which runs on Bing and Yahoo! Search.
5. Run Events and built referral network
- Identify practical marketing projects (like co-hosted events, co-created content or social media partnerships) that justify reaching out to experts to make connections, build relationships and create content.
- Consider projects based on interviews, case studies and various types of collaboration.
- Invite respected authorities to guest blog on your website.
- Rather than ask for reciprocation, simply support your supporters.
- Host webinars.
- Speak at conferences and local events.
- Participate in expos and give attendees a reason to engage.
- Use social media to create live streams and other types of events.
6. Use Email Marketing Campaign
- Traffic you generate with email marketing comes with a caveat: it’s bound for people that have already been there and opted-into your list (unless you built an email list offline). You can capitalize on email and generate traffic to your website by giving subscribers strong reasons to return.
- Send newsletters and meaningful emails that inform recipients of helpful content you’ve published on your site.
At the end of the day, there is a multitude of successful lead generation strategies out there, including those that we’ve discussed here. What’s important, however, is the ones that will be successful for your business.